Subject: RE: Contact from the Joint Research Centre for a potential study visit from Andalusia (Spain) to Estonia
From: "TORRECILLA SALINAS Carlos" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "VILLALBA DE MIGUEL Diego" <[email-masked]>, "RADUTA Marian" <[email-masked]>, "BACIGALUPO Margherita" <[email-masked]>, "MAGAGNA Davide" <[email-masked]>, "VON BUSCH Andreas" <[email-masked]>, "LANDABASO ALVAREZ Mikel" <[email-masked]>, "CANFORA Paolo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2024 20:50:12 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear colleagues,

Just a kind reminder.

Best regards,

Carlos TORRECILLA SALINAS

Head of Unit

European Commission
Joint Research Centre
Unit B7 – Innovation policies and economic impact

41092 Sevilla, Spain

Office: Edificio EXPO, C/ Inca Garcilaso, 3
Tel: +34 854590288
e-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]

In case you receive this email outside working hours, please be assured that 
I am neither expecting nor encouraging an immediate response. I trust that 
everybody works according to their personal schedule that most suitably 
reconciles work and private life

The views expressed in this e-mail are my own and may not, under any 
circumstances, be interpreted as stating an official position of the 
European Commission.

From: TORRECILLA SALINAS Carlos (JRC-SEVILLA)
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2024 7:27 PM
To: [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]' 
<[email-masked]>; VILLALBA DE MIGUEL Diego (REGIO) 
<[email-masked]>; RADUTA Marian (REGIO) 
<[email-masked]>; BACIGALUPO Margherita (JRC-SEVILLA) 
<[email-masked]>; MAGAGNA Davide (JRC-SEVILLA) 
<[email-masked]>; VON BUSCH Andreas (REGIO) 
<[email-masked]>; LANDABASO ALVAREZ Mikel (JRC-SEVILLA) 
<[email-masked]>; CANFORA Paolo (JRC-SEVILLA) 
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Contact from the Joint Research Centre for a potential study visit 
from Andalusia (Spain) to Estonia

Dear Mr. Riisalo, dear Minister:

It's my pleasure to contact you upon suggestion from of Diego Villalba, 
Deputy Head of Unit - Spain at DG REGIO, who indicated Estonia as an example 
of good management in the use of Cohesion Funds, specifically when it comes 
to the field of innovation.

As JRC we are developing a capacity building activity framed in the context 
of an European Union Preparatory Action funded by the European Parliament on 
the topic of: “Innovation for place-based transformation”.

In this context, we are conducting a pilot activity with the Region of 
Andalusia (Spain). Within it, we are supporting them in coordinating a study 
visit so they can learn about good practices in the management of the 
Cohesion Fund in Europe. The goal of the visit is to exchange views with 
Structural Fund managers in regions that are at the forefront of innovation 
policies in Europe.

We believe that the good practices developed by Estonia  are an excellent 
model that can be disseminated to other regions across the EU. Therefore, we 
kindly request your collaboration in sharing your acquired knowledge with 
territories that are still developing.

Andalusia is a less developed region, classified as a moderate innovator in 
the RIM. The region has historically benefited greatly from European 
cohesion policy. However, despite the important progress the region has made 
thanks to the impact of these funds, Andalusia considers that it needs to 
strengthen its performance in business development and innovation. The Junta 
of Andalusia is  aware that there are countries in Europe, like  Estonia 
that invest their ERDF, ESF and JTF in very effective ways in terms of 
business development and innovation; they expressed the desire to learn more 
how Finland implement such instruments, procedures and functions and to meet 
with the colleagues who manage them.

After engaging with our colleagues at DG REGIO, we believe that Estonia 
potentially serve as a model for effective management of Cohesion Funds.

We would greatly appreciate your cooperation in proposing and developing an 
itinerary for a study visit to Estonia. This would allow Andalusian 
officials to learn about new approaches to using Cohesion Policy funds, 
which they could potentially apply in their own region.

Thank you in advance for your interest.

Yours sincerely.

Carlos TORRECILLA SALINAS

Head of Unit

European Commission
Joint Research Centre
Unit B7 – Innovation policies and economic impact

41092 Sevilla, Spain

Office: Edificio EXPO, C/ Inca Garcilaso, 3
Tel: +34 854590288
e-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]

In case you receive this email outside working hours, please be assured that 
I am neither expecting nor encouraging an immediate response. I trust that 
everybody works according to their personal schedule that most suitably 
reconciles work and private life

The views expressed in this e-mail are my own and may not, under any 
circumstances, be interpreted as stating an official position of the 
European Commission.